IRS Phone Number
Calling IRS customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 33 دقيقة (29m avg)
Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-7pm EST; best time to call: 8:00am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: اضغط 1 للغة الإنجليزية ، ثم اضغط 2 للضرائب على الدخل الشخصي ، ثم اضغط 1 ، ثم 3 ، ثم 2 ، ثم 0 # عندما يطلب رقم الضمان الاجتماعي الخاص بك ، ثم 2
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Before I filed my taxes I got the early tax loan while I was in Arkansas. I live in Mis...
I have been waiting for my **** tax refund for ** days. What is taking so long?
Still have not received my refund and my stimulus
Need to find out if the fax i sent for stimulas reissue to my bank
To date, after using your service here and two other separate emails to the IRS about t...
I filled my taxes in February I didn’t get the first second and third stimulus for my d...
Hhhhhh ubd*jo ibdr*ibbid*uii ind*vubini unibdun unidb hbifi ubir*jon*du unibdun hnivduk...
I received a letter CP **. Me and my wife were legally separated last year. We got back...
Was looking to get help withPayment options I tried online but it says cannot verify ph...
It’s been almost * months since I filed my taxes and still haven’t gotten my refund. Wa...
Still haven’t received our refund.
I got a stimulus check in the mail and it is saying it has already been cashed when I k...
I haven't received any of the stimulus payments and my tax return still is not processe...
My stimulus was shedualed to be mailed on march ** the never received it
My ***-N was rejected because of errors. How do I resubmit?See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on IRS's Phone-Based Customer Care
The Internal Revenue Service, better known as the IRS, is the United States' tax collection agency. Since this federal agency serves just about everyone living in the country, it isn't surprising that it gets many calls to its customer service center.
Why Do People Call IRS Customer Support?
People call IRS customer support for a range of tax-related questions, including:
- Questions about and requests for tax forms
- Questions about tax balances
- Requests for refund status updates
- Inquiries about payment plans and offers in compromise
- Reports of identity theft or questions about communications allegedly from the IRS.
- Scheduling a meeting with an IRS agent
- Requesting help from the Taxpayer Advocate Service
- Requesting information about free tax return preparation services
Best Practices for Calling IRS Customer Service
Unfortunately, many individuals have fallen victim to scams perpetrated by dishonest people claiming to be IRS agents. Calling the IRS, verify that the number you have is correct. You can do this at IRS.gov, which is the only official website for the IRS.
Scammers may provide you with a number and claim that it is for the IRS. However, if you call it, you will be speaking to somebody who is working with the scammer. In addition, do not rely on information, including provided phone numbers, from sent to you or websites other than IRS.gov.
The IRS's website provides a list of numbers for specific divisions and concerns. If you are calling regarding your own taxes, there is a different number than for those individuals who are calling on behalf of someone else. In addition, there are separate lines for those who are calling on behalf of a deceased person's estate, as well as lines for people seeking free help with tax return preparation or the Taxpayer Advocate Service.
Callers to the IRS are required to provide information to the IRS that can establish the caller's identity. A list of required information and documentation for different types of calls can be found on the IRS website, but typically includes:
- The taxpayer's Social Security Number or taxpayer-identification number plus his or her birthdate.
- Copies of his or her most recent tax return as well as the tax return he or she is calling about.
- IRS correspondence
- Forms permitting the caller to contact the IRS on behalf of another person.
The IRS notes that calls during taxpayer season, January through April, can have wait times of up to 15 minutes. Calls made in May through December can have wait times of up to 27 minutes.
IRS agents will provide you with their name and badge number when you call. Make sure you have pen and paper handy to record this information in case you need to take further action or escalate your concerns.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to IRS Customer Support?
While the IRS may have a fierce reputation, many people actually report positive experiences with IRS phone representatives. Callers report being treated courteously and being provided with realistic options for dealing with tax questions and issues.
What Kind of Issues Can IRS Customer Support Resolve?
IRS customer service representatives can help with a range of issues, including:
- Providing callers with tax balances and refund status updates
- Setting up payment arrangements
- Discussing alternate options for dealing with taxes
- Making changes to current payment arrangements
- Answering questions about appeals and enforcement actions
What Can't Be Resolved by Phone With the IRS?
IRS phone agents cannot provide you with legal or accounting advice. If you have questions about tax obligations or pending tax cases, you will need to speak with a tax return specialist, accountant or attorney. In some cases, you will need to fill out and sign forms that must be returned to the IRS by mail.
What Can I Do If I Am Unhappy With My Call to the IRS?
If you hang up the phone with the IRS feeling frustrated, don't lose heart. There may still be ways to get your questions answered or to resolve your IRS issues.
- First, write down or type out what happened during your call. This information can be helpful if you call the IRS back or need to appeal your case.
- In some cases, calling the IRS again may be helpful. While most IRS representatives are well-trained, some have more experience than others and may be better able to provide assistance.
- You may also want to try scheduling a face-to-face meeting with an IRS agent in your local area. While this can be intimidating, an in-person discussion may be more fruitful than trying to describe tax and financial issues and documents over the phone.
- The Taxpayer Advocate Service is a department within the IRS that provides free assistance to taxpayers who need expedited services or who are unable to receive a resolution from standard IRS channels.
- File an appeal by mail. The IRS provides forms for various appeals and these can be requested by phone or downloaded from the IRS's website. When mailing these forms to the IRS, be sure to send them via certified mail so that you can prove the steps you've taken to resolve your issue.
Customer Number 800-829-1040 - by the Numbers
رقم الهاتف للاتصال800-829-1040
إعادة الاتصال متاحنعم
تم التقاط المكالمة من قبل شخص حقيقينعم
القسم الذي تتصل بهخدمة الزبائن
ساعات مركز الاتصالمن الإثنين إلى الجمعة ، من 7 صباحًا إلى 7 مساءً بالتوقيت الشرقي القياسي
أفضل وقت للاتصال08:00
انتقل متاهة الهاتف إلى إنساناضغط 1 للغة الإنجليزية ، ثم اضغط 2 للضرائب على الدخل الشخصي ، ثم اضغط 1 ، ثم 3 ، ثم 2 ، ثم 0 # عندما يطلب رقم الضمان الاجتماعي الخاص بك ، ثم 2
الرتبة (من بين أرقام الهاتف)1
طرق بديلةالهاتف والدردشة والويب
تم آخر تحديث للمعلوماتThu Jun 10 2021 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
IRS's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
هذا هو أفضل رقم هاتف لدى IRS ، والانتظار في الوقت الفعلي في الانتظار وأدوات التخطي مباشرةً عبر خطوط الهاتف هذه للوصول إلى وكيل IRS مباشرةً. رقم الهاتف هذا هو أفضل رقم هاتف لـ IRS لأن 2,306,316 عملاء مثلك استخدموا معلومات الاتصال هذه على مدار الـ 18 شهرًا الماضية وقدموا لنا تعليقات. تتضمن المشكلات الشائعة التي تعالجها وحدة خدمة العملاء والتي ترد على مكالمات 800-829-1040 Track My Refund, Setup Payment Arrangement, Missing Refund, Ask For Tax Help, Order a Transcript ومشكلات خدمة العملاء الأخرى. لدى مركز اتصال IRS الذي تتصل به موظفين من Utah, New York, Tennessee وهو مفتوح Mon-Fri 7am-7pm EST وفقًا للعملاء. في المجموع ، يمتلك IRS 11 رقم هاتف. ليس من الواضح دائمًا ما هي أفضل طريقة للتحدث إلى IRS ممثلين ، لذلك بدأنا في تجميع هذه المعلومات التي تم إنشاؤها من الاقتراحات من مجتمع العملاء. يرجى الاستمرار في مشاركة تجاربك حتى نتمكن من الاستمرار في تحسين هذا المورد المجاني.
Contacting IRS - by phone or otherwise
في حين أن 800-829-1040 هو أفضل رقم مجاني لـ IRS ، هناك 13 طرق إجمالية للاتصال به. الطريقة التالية الأفضل للتحدث إلى فريق دعم العملاء ، وفقًا لعملاء IRS آخرين ، هي الاتصال 800-829-7650 برقم هاتفهم لقسم برنامج ضريبة الدفع الفيدرالي. بالإضافة إلى الاتصال ، فإن الخيار المفضل التالي للعملاء الباحثين عن المساعدة هو عبر 800-829-7650 لـ برنامج ضريبة الدفع الفيدرالي. إذا كنت تعتقد أن هذه المعلومات غير دقيقة أو تعرف طرقًا أخرى للاتصال بـ IRS ، فيرجى إخبارنا حتى نتمكن من مشاركتها مع العملاء الآخرين. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for IRS.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to IRS?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like IRS. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.